Thursday, June 9, 2011

Treat bombing with the candy ninja knights

Armed with a pillowcase full of homemade cookies and candy, a plastic sword, and a stuffed Stegosaurus, my intrepid band of candy ninja knights and I were dressed in our ninja costumes (black shirts and navy blue shorts) ready to treat bomb the neighborhood. "Stealthy" could have been our middle names as we crept around the neighborhood, dropping bags of treats on doorsteps, ringing the doorbell, and running away. Well, we could have been stealthy if my five year old had not insisted on running in front of the freshly treat-bombed house brandishing his sword.
Let me explain the origins of our evening escapades. A few days ago, I told the kids about my plans to do some yarn bombing this Saturday in honor of International Yarn Bombing Day. My 9 and 5 year olds ran with this idea and wanted to make cookie bombs for some of our neighbors. My 3 year old firmly insisted that we also had to share candy and that we be called the "candy ninja knights". To carry out our plan, we made batches of cookies and candy this morning, then prepared the "bombs" in Ziploc bags and put them in a pillowcase for distribution.
I deeply appreciate the neighbors who pretended not to see us so the candy ninja knights could feel they fulfilled their mission- to make the world a sweeter place.

1 comment:

  1. What's yard bombing day? And how on earth do you find the time to be so cute with your kids and still be a teacher???

    ReplyDelete