Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blame it on the rain

Today was one of those days. There were so many things on the calendar today that I ran out of room: a field trip for my five-year-old, Scouts and baseball for my nine-year-old, extra meetings at work for me plus a college class and the school carnival. Being the Supermom that I am, I had a beautiful list this morning of everything that everyone needed to take everywhere. Before I left for work, I had bags ready with all the stuff we needed. Then, as per the weather's SOP of late, we had rain. Because of that blessed moisture, the baseball game and carnival were postponed. Even though the million other things went on as planned, it was wonderful to have a couple of hours at the end of the day to relax with my munchkins, to make (and eat) some yummy chocolate covered strawberries. It made me wonder: is it the busy running around to tons of activities that makes for a good childhood or just time to be together and have some yummy treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment